Finance Intern at Ikore International Development Limited
Ikore International Development Limited (Ikore) is an international development organization, proffering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. We work in hard-to-reach, economically deprived places and vulnerable communities torn apart by instability across Nigeria and Africa, providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities. In the Agricultural Sector, we facilitate inclusive market growth by deploying strategies that promote value chain competitiveness and build resilient communities, ensuring bumper harvest for rural poor farmers in those communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Internship
Project Overview and Role
- Our growth-oriented company is dedicated to providing you with valuable learning opportunities as you share your ideas and creativity with the team.
- We are seeking a finance intern.
- The intern should have reasonable knowledge of financial modeling, analysis, and reporting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The intern will be a part of the team and will be exposed to learning on the job on a daily basis.
- Support the different teams on a wide range of tasks related to analysis of financial data;
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and yearly closure exercises in regards to expenses data collection, review, and analysis;
- Assists with compilation, consolidation, and reporting of data. communicates with colleagues/clients on areas requiring verification, corrections, and additional information;
- Assists with the audit and verification exercises related to client projects; reviews supporting documents ensuring completeness and accuracy;
- Assist in filing and remitting taxes;
- Assist in logistics and procurement processes;
- Assist in reinforcing financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary;
- Support with Bank transactions;
- Support with Office management duties
- Provides support on ad-hoc matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Banking, and Finance, or related field
- Excellent understanding of accounting rules and procedures including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to learn
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Critical thinker with high proficiency in maths
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Application Deadline: 7th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as one document (PDF or Word) with complete Contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications will be reviewed, and online interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates before finalists are invited for on-site interviews.