Head, Geospatial Information Engineering at ipNX Nigeria Limited
ipNX is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies, serving a multitude of needs across enterprises, small businesses and residents with innovative, world-class services. Our ability to identify, satisfy and exceed today’s market needs is a testament to over a decade of experience, our commitment, drive and passion realized through highly skilled and well seasoned professionals.
As a pioneer and a leading Fibre-To-The-Home (FTTH) operator in Nigeria, we currently provide a number of solutions to various industries and market segments using industry-leading technology (such as our very own Fibre-To-The-Home (FTTH) cable technology) as our core access network infrastructure and fixed wireless radio services (via licensed frequency). We also proffer complementary IT solutions, with a view of covering key commercial and suburban regions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Geospatial Information Engineering
Employment Type: Full-time
Function: Geospatial Information Engineering
Reporting to: Head, Infrastructure Planning and Quality
Travel Frequency: Occasionally
Purpose of the Job
- This roles leads and coordinates research and development in geospatial technologies in varied subject matter areas, for instance, the outside plant fibre infrastructure life cycle management, so as to support meeting business and operational performance objectives.
- The roles will be required to produce, and administer databases, perform applications programming, and coordinate projects.
Expected Key Results
- Provide technical expertise in adopting and applying Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technologies as a competitive edge/advantage
- Evolve and deploy suitable geospatial data models to support life cycle requirements of the outside plant infrastructure
- Lead and direct operational use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Lead Program and Project Management
- Co-ordinate across disparate parties to deliver value.
- Direct development of team members.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Geoinformatics, Geography, Surveying, Engineering or other related disciplines.
- A relevant advanced degree or any demonstrated combination of experience and education, which provides the applicant with the required knowledge and abilities, would be an added advantage
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, R and Python.
- Extensive knowledge and ability to perform a diverse array of complex GIS related work will be an added advantage
- Geography – Knowledge of principles and methods for describing the features of land and built environment, including their physical characteristics, locations, interrelationships, and distribution of potential customers.
- Design – Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principle involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Engineering and Technology – Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various GIS-driven solutions
- Outstanding quantitative skill set, attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Analytical mindset and thinking; be able to multitask, think intuitively, analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems
- Innovation – requires creativity, persistence in the face of obstacles and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- At least 10 years’ experience in information systems; 3 to 5 years of which experience in the use of GIS technologies and development of relational databases.
- Any demonstrated combination of experience and education, which provides the applicant with the required knowledge and abilities, for instance experience in designing custom applications with relevant programming languages.
- Experience in fiber outside plant (OSP) planning and design lifecycle will be an added advantage.
- Competent in the use of computer productivity tools
- A demonstrated experience in project management will be an added advantage.
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning.
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.