System Administrator at ipNX Nigeria Limited
ipNX is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies, serving a multitude of needs across enterprises, small businesses and residents with innovative, world-class services. Our ability to identify, satisfy and exceed today’s market needs is a testament to over a decade of experience, our commitment, drive and passion realized through highly skilled and well seasoned professionals.
As a pioneer and a leading Fibre-To-The-Home (FTTH) operator in Nigeria, we currently provide a number of solutions to various industries and market segments using industry-leading technology (such as our very own Fibre-To-The-Home (FTTH) cable technology) as our core access network infrastructure and fixed wireless radio services (via licensed frequency). We also proffer complementary IT solutions, with a view of covering key commercial and suburban regions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System Administrator
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Function: System Administration
Reporting to: Head, System Operations
Travel Frequency: Occassional
Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems (hardware and software) and related infrastructure to enable continuous innovation within the information systems landscape.
Expected Key Results
- Network Infrastructure Uptime/AvailabilityAdminister server infrastructure in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Identify and promote best systems administration practices and patterns
- Perform continuous system/network monitoring
- Provide Tier II/other support
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing
- Identify approaches that leverage resources and provide economies of scale.
- Minimum of 2.2 / Upper Credit Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Information Technology / Computer Science
- Professional Qualification (CCNA, ITIL, LPIC/CompTIA, etc.) an added advantage.
- Linux, Windows Server, Solaris administration experience necessary, in that order of preference
- Experience with scripting, installation and migration concepts – in Bash, Perl, Python
- Virtual Infrastructure administration experience with KVM or VMware highly desired. Storage Area Network administration experience is a plus
- Experience administering a centralized data backup and recovery infrastructure, including installation and configuration of open source data backup solutions like Bacula, BareOS, etc.
- Experience deploying and administering web servers – Apache/Nginx/Tomcat
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies like Ovirt, OpenStack a plus
- Experience with Dev/Ops tooling to build, configure and deploy, a plus
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Salt Stack or Puppet) a plus
- Working knowledge of WHM/cPanel (website admin panel) and Relational Database Management Systems like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience supporting a high traffic customer facing website infrastructure
- Experience administering and troubleshooting load balancing appliances in a production environment
- Sound understanding and extensive experience in network management
- Previous years of experience working in an ISP environment, are a plus.
- Ability to leverage technology to develop and enhance functional competencies
- Systems Administrative role in Linux environment
- Knowledge of networking and network monitoring/management
- Database Management – MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle an added advantage.
- Ability to document and implement processes to increase efficiency, productivity, reliability and scalability
- Project management skills a definite asset
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer Focus
- Team Work
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Nimble Learning.
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.