Field Officers (Entry-Level) at New Incentives – Bauchi
New Incentives is a pioneer in a growing movement of giving small incentives to caregivers whose infants get immunized, while increasing awareness of the health benefits of childhood vaccinations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Officer (Entry-Level)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Non-profit New Incentives is looking to identify Field Officers that will help to expand its team dedicated to preventing child mortality in Bauchi State in Nigeria. This post is strictly for contingency purposes and to identify candidates for future scaling (potentially).
- The Field Officers will support the New Incentives program that utilizes cash transfers to encourage mothers to complete the immunization schedule of their infants. The program is operated in cooperation with the State Primary Healthcare Development Board in Bauchi State. The primary duty in the role will be enrolling beneficiaries at public clinics
- Enrolling beneficiaries at remote public clinics
- Monitor immunization services at your clinic
- Interact with clinic staff and beneficiaries
- Conduct high-quality rapid assessment
- Assist with other duties related to the program
- Minimum of National Diploma, ideally Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the field of health or other natural sciences
- Fluency in local languages/dialects spoken in Bauchi, especially Hausa. Please state the names of the languages/dialects you can speak and your fluency level for each language in your cover letter.
- Nigerian national already based in Bauchi State
- Willingness to work at remote public clinics a few days per week and take public transport to reach them
- Experience with the Nigerian health system and clinic documentation, particularly related to infant health and vaccinations
- Experience in collecting, synthesizing, and drawing conclusions from (health) data is desirable
- Careful attention to financial matters and management of funds
- Detail-oriented, diligent professional
- Passion to help others and reduce infant mortality
- Very good communications and writing skills, English, Hausa, and dialects (verbal and written)
- Excellent responsiveness to email and phone requests
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel, internet browsers, smartphones, and new communications technology in general
- Hard-working, result-oriented and loyal
- Motivation to work in a young organization that is constantly changing based on stakeholder feedback and operates with a lean structure.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications are accepted only online through Breezy HR and must include the following attachments:
- One-page CV
- A brief letter of motivation (maximum of 300 words)
- This is a hands-on job for hard-working, dedicated young candidates.
- The selection process for this position is competitive. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates short-listed based on their online applications will have to undergo a series of online tests and interviews that allow for the identification of the most qualified person in a transparent and meritocratic manner.
- At the end of the process, candidates will be invited to in-person training and the best candidates will be offered a position.
- Please note that New Incentives is dedicated to spending the largest share possible on its beneficiaries and therefore limits its administrative costs. This results in modest but adequate salaries for its staff. Do not expect salaries that larger international organizations or corporations might offer.
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.