Graduate Intern (HR) at ICAP (Columbia University)
ICAP is a global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities. Working hand-in-hand with individuals at every level of the health system–from patients to health care providers to government officials – ICAP is dedicated to delivering high-performing health system strengthening initiatives that provide quality and affordable health care. The organization tackles the world’s most pressing health threats and, in collaboration with partners around the world, implements transformative solutions to meet the health needs of individuals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Intern (HR)
Job no: 496664
Location: Nigeria – Abuja Capital Territory
Work type: Intern Full-time
Categories: Human Resources
Reports To (Title): Human Resource Manager
- We seek a highly qualified candidate to serve as Human Resource Intern. The incumbent will be responsible for basic human resource tasks
- The Human Resource and Finance Intern will also have experience working effectively as a part of diverse staff teams, and contributing to successful collaborations with donors, host-country ministries of health, and civil society.
- Filing and archiving of documents
- Upload documents to OnBase
- Ensure proper filing of all HR documents.
- Support in scanning and printing of documents.
- Collation of staff contact details
- Sort incoming resumes and log into the appropriate tracking spreadsheet
- Schedule and confirm interviews with candidates
- Take minutes of meetings and assist in the elaboration of papers, PowerPoint presentations, and analytical contributions, as well as other products and tools that will facilitate human resource management activities in the organization
- Provide general administrative support
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, or any related field.
Experience, Skills & Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1-year post-NYSC working experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigerian Labour and employment laws Demonstrated interest in the field of development and Human Resource management in international aid organizations.
- Language skills; written and spoken proficiency in English and preferably a command of the local language.
- Internet proficiency, as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), is required.
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility, and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and explain the official employment regulation framework.
- Possess positive attitude, Demonstrated integrity, confidentiality, and approachability behaviors.
- Due diligence
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning
- Not Required.
Application Deadline: 9th September, 2022 W. Central Africa Standard Time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online