Gender Officers at Jhpiego Nigeria (Ebonyi & Sokoto)
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Officer
Job ID: 2022-4773
Locations: Ebonyi & Sokoto
Employment Status Full-Time
Category: International Positions
- MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) project to address major contributors to maternal mortality and morbidity through the prevention and mitigation of the consequences of violence against women and girls (VAW/G) and possible drivers of child early and forced marriage.
- The project’s technical priorities include intimate partner violence and sexual violence, reduction in child early and forced marriage (CEF/M), early adoption of family planning and building capacity of local partners. It is anticipated that MCGL will support the operationalization of existing policies, guidelines, and strategies that aims to mitigate VAW/G and develop new ones where applicable to improve MNCH/FP/RH outcomes.
- The GBV Officer will work closely with the MCGL State Team to Lead on-going post-GBV care integration into health facilities to improve access to survivor-cented GBV services as well as manage community driven GBV referrals to clinical and non-clinical GBV services.
- Specifically, S/he will work supervise facility provision of post-GBV care and appropriate documentation by health providers, support GBV case management and support all GBV prevention community intervention activities,
- Apply and conduct gender analysis and use of gender-disaggregated data across community and facility level GBV Prevention and Response activities
- Lead MCGL state level implemtation of the GBV service provision package of care and across the continuum of GBV case management.
- Provide mentorship support to service providers in providing GBV survivor-centered case management services, including needs assessment, case plans, follow-up, referrals, and counseling.
- Work with service providers to Identify gaps / challenges in service delivery and coordinate with relevant actors to ensure that safe and confidential services are made available and accessible to vulnerable women.
- Take pro-active role to support the development and implementation of the agreed work-plan;
- Work with project teams to strengthen gender/GBV components of training, job aids and reporting or data collection tools at all levels
- Conduct regular GBV-focused coordination meetings, mentoring and supportive supervision visits to ensure that Jhpiego’s gender equality targets are being achieved across the states where projects are being implemented.
- Mentor and work with Local/Indigenous Partners (LPs) to implement milestone activities on time and as scheduled.
- Review milestone reports and provide feedback to LPs
- Support LPs in conducting norm shifting activities at the community level, as well as supportive supervision
- Work with monitoring and evaluation teams to analyze and report on indicators, measuring the outcomes and impact of interventions.
- Document processes and outcomes for integrating gender into programs
- Prepare and submit regular progress reports, field visit reports, training reports and contribute to the preparation of quality monthly reports
- Participate in MCGL project meetings and present on project progress, share lessons, best practices and successes related to addressing gender equality on MCGL programs
- Maximize opportunities for increasing Jhpiego Nigeria’s gender equality portfolio of work and support new business development initiatives including resource mobilization and proposal writing.
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or related field or Bachelor’s Degree in combination with 5 years of qualifying experience will be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Minimum of 4 years with Master’s degree of relevant experience is required.
- Prior experience working in the field of gender related projects with strong technical capacity and practical experience in designing and implementing gender sensitive development programs
- Strong understanding of inclusion and mainstreaming issues and approaches
- Familiarity with local context
- Experience in working with high level counterparts and engaging with Government officials and other development partners.
- Previous work experience working in an iNGO / USAID funded projects is considered as advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to deal with project implementation; Sound and proven management skills and ability to work inclusively and collaboratively.
- Excellent group facilitation, multi-stakeholder consultation, and strategic planning skills
- Strong writing skills, both for technical and program reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well in cross-cultural teams and under tight deadlines
- Practical knowledge and experience in operational and programme approaches;
- Good strategic and analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data
- Strong knowledge of gender and global development issues, preferably with understanding of USAID approach to gender quality and gender-based violence.
- Familiarity with local context and willingness to travel and work in the communities of Ebonyi and Sokoto states (implementing sites).
- A personal commitment to gender equality.
Salary and Benefits
- NGN 638,000 – NGN 721,000 / Month.
- Jhpiego offers a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
To get new opportunities updates, kindly join our Telegram group and Whatsapp group