EPFL Summer Fellowships 2023 for International Students (Fully Funded to Geneva, Switzerland)
The School of Computer and Communication Sciences of the École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) offers summer fellowships to international students. Participants get the chance to learn new skills and to gain hands-on experience in their chosen field while collaborating with leading senior scientists.
A summer fellowship at EPFL is a highly motivating learning experience in a competitive research environment, and it is also a great way to get familiar with another culture, to start building a network of connections in Switzerland, and to get prepared for a global career! And, last but not least, it is a chance to spend some months in a region rich in natural attractions and offering a multitude of leisure opportunities.
- Fellowships are awarded to students enrolled in BSc, BTech, MSc, MTech, or equivalent programmes in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, or Electrical Engineering. PhD students are not eligible.
- At the time of application, applicants must be enrolled in the 2nd year Bachelor or above (therefore, all applicants must have successfully completed at least their 1st year of the Bachelor’s programme).
- Projects are offered competitively to students with excellent academic results.
- During a period between two and three months (possibly but not necessarily including the 2nd week of July), individually agreed with the hosting lab.
- Fellowship recipients will participate into the life of a research unit, typically to help solve problems which are usually part of major research efforts. Often, this will lead to performing challenging programming or design tasks to prove new concepts.
- Accepted students will receive a living allowance of CHF 1,600.- per month (pro rata to the actual duration) and a refund of travelling costs (2nd class train ticket or low-cost/economy airfare).
Application by the student
Deadline on the Sunday closest to 1st DECEMBER.
Applications open as late as a couple of weeks before the deadline.
Decision on acceptance
Before 25th JANUARY.
Decisions communicated by e-mail to all applicants.
About three months, usually between MAY to SEPTEMBER (flexible).
Period agreed directly with the hosting lab
Application Deadline: 4th December 2022
For More Information: