The Takemi Program in International Health Fellowship 2023/2024 at the Harvard T.H. Chan School
Each year the program recruits a small group of mid-career researchers and professionals to spend an academic year at the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health. The Takemi Program provides participants with the space, time, and flexibility to enhance their capacity for research and leadership. To do this, Fellows are linked to two key resources: the weekly Takemi Seminar Series, and expert faculty. In addition, Fellows have the opportunity for collaboration throughout the Harvard community, and may elect to deepen their knowledge of theory or practice through relevant coursework. Fellows draw on these resources to produce at least one paper of publishable quality.
- Applicants should be mid-career researchers who have completed graduate degrees, published in internationally recognized journals, and demonstrated potential leadership capacity in their home countries.
- They are expected to show strong promise and appropriate preparation (including facility in English) to enable them to fully benefit from the experience.
- Further, they are expected to have made, or intend to make, a commitment to a career in health for which participation in the Program will be of significant value.
- Applications may come from any relevant discipline or profession (e.g., medicine, law, public health, economics, management, and social sciences).
Over the course of the Program, Fellows are expected to:
- Meet regularly with their faculty advisor to receive feedback on their project and assistance with their progress.
- Attend and participate in the Takemi Program weekly seminar
- Present research progress throughout the year via scheduled Preliminary, Mid-year, and Final presentations
- Submit a final paper of publishable quality before departing
In addition to this, Takemi Fellows are encouraged to:
- Audit classes at Harvard Chan School
- Attend Harvard Chan School seminars
- Attend Office of Faculty Affairs sponsored Postdoctoral Fellows courses
Application Deadline: December 31, 2022.
For More Information: