Rotary/UNESCO-IHE Scholarships 2023/2024 for Water and Sanitation Professionals.
The strategic partnership between The Rotary Foundation (TRF) and IHE Delft Institute for Water Education aims to tackle the world’s water and sanitation crisis by increasing the number of trained professionals to devise, plan, and implement solutions in developing and emerging countries. Through this partnership, a limited number of scholarships are awarded annually for graduate students at IHE Delft Institute for Water Education’s campus in the Netherlands.
These scholarships are designed to promote long-term productive relationships between Rotarians and highly skilled water and sanitation professionals in their communities. Since the inception of the partnership in 2012, some 150 scholarships have been awarded.
Rotarians interview and select from local candidates who have already been admitted the IHE Delft Institute for Water Education’s regular MSc Programme in Water and Sustainable Development, in one of the following thematic tracks:
- Water and Health
- Water Resources and Ecosystems Health
- Water Hazards, Risks and Climate
When a Rotary scholarship has been awarded, the sponsoring Rotary Clubs maintains contact with the scholar throughout his or her studies. The financing of the successful candidates will be managed through Rotary’s Global Grant process.
- Students admitted to IHE Delft Institute for Water Education’s 12-month Master of Science program in Water and Sustainable Development can be nominated by a local Rotary Club in their home community by submitting the application form for a scholarship to the Rotary/IHE Delft committee in the Netherlands, together with the student’s resume and the IHE Delft admission letter.
- Only completed application forms, fully supported and submitted by the sponsoring Rotary Club will be considered. You can consult this website to find your nearest Rotarian club: https://my.rotary.org/en/search/club-finder
- The application form has to be submitted by email to the Rotary/IHE Delft committee in the Netherlands: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application procedure in short:
- You apply for admission for the IHE Delft Master program in Water and Sustainable Development before 1 April 2023
- You search for your nearest Rotary club
- You approach them and ask them if they will nominate you for a Rotary scholarship
- The application form needs to be completed by you and by the Rotary Club
- After full completion the sponsoring Rotary Club submits your application to the Rotary/IHE Delft selection committee in The Netherlands before 15 April 2023
- After the selection all candidates will be informed about the outcome before 15 May 2023
- Final approval is pending formal endorsement by The Rotary Foundation on 1 July 2023
Application Deadline: April 1st, 2023
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Rotary/UNESCO-IHE Scholarships 2023/2024
To get new opportunities updates, kindly join our Telegram group and Whatsapp group