Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Africa Entrepreneurial Training Program 2024 for young African Entrepreneurs (Fully Sponsored)
MEST Africa is happy to announce that applications are open for the MEST Training Program, Class of 2024! Get access to world-class education in Software development, Business and Communication skills from MEST Africa’s 12-month Training Program. Apply now to be a part of the next class of innovative technology entrepreneurs!
MEST has confirmed to start the new cohort for its core Training Program in August 2023. Applications open 12th December 2022 and close 26th February 2023.
MEST Training Program
MEST offers a 12-month graduate-level training to aspiring entrepreneurs across the African continent.
The entrepreneurial training program in business, communications and software development includes extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed investment and grow businesses.
The successful world-class training program is run with the help of an internationally recognized faculty. Our teaching fellows hail from some of the best universities around the world. MEST also offers the entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) the opportunity to be mentored by real-life Entrepreneurs, CEOs and other executives from all over the world. Guest lecturers have been executives of Uber, Facebook, Safaricom, Samsung, Interswitch, and many more.
Since its inception in 2008, MEST has invested over $25m in training 1000+ individual entrepreneurs and funded 80+ software companies across Africa. MEST entrepreneurs have developed solutions addressing local, regional and global markets, received follow-on funding from global investors, and gotten into top accelerator programs such as Y Combinator, 500 Startups and TechStars.
- A degree from a top university or Technical College or equivalent experience with at least two (2) years corporate and startup experience (preferred)
- Deep skills in either communications, business or software development (from the onset or acquired during the Pre-Learning stage)
- Young persons passionate about tech and entrepreneurship, and how to use technology to achieve business results
- Should be ready to commit to a full residential program for a whole year
- Disciplined, motivated self-starter who can work and deliver on assignments and projects – demonstrate this by completing the required Pre-Learning courses and MEST’s rigorous recruitment process
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Ability to work well in teams, proven academic or professional excellence
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Confident and independent thinking
- Excellent people skills
- The MEST Training Program is an intensive 12-month, full-time, fully sponsored program in which the cohort – known as Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) – complete a graduate-level course in software development, business, and communications, with a focus on practical implementation.
- The course culminates with an investor pitch, with the chance to receive seed funding and enter MEST’s portfolio for company incubation.
- Core Programming Languages
- Web and Mobile Development
- Forming Culture Driven Teams
- Business and Revenue Modeling
- Branding and Communications
- Market Research
- Product Development and Innovation
- Marketing and Growth Hacking
- Financial Management and Investments
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Metrics and Measurements
- Sales and Traction
- Preparing for investments
- Applications close: 26th February 2023
- Program starts: August 2023
How to apply
Complete these pre-learning courses:
Note: On completion of your first course on the IBM Digital Nation Africa portal, you will be guided to create an account on youracclaim.com. Once this is done, your badge will be automatically posted on to Acclaim. You can grab your profile link by clicking on the profile icon and selecting ‘view my profile’.
Kindly note that you are required to finish these courses, submit your profile link and upload your certificate by the application deadline.
Take an Aptitude Test
You are required to take the Aptitude Test as your score will be requested when filling your application form and will determine your move to the next stage.
Application Deadline: 26th February 2023
For More Information: