Finance Controller at Olam International Limited
Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Controller
Sub-Function: Corporate Finance
- Finance is a contemporary and forward-looking function that is driving value by being a world-class partner to our business.
- As a Finance Controller you will partner with the business unit in the country (Business Head, Sales & Functional leads) to ensure P&L transparency & accuracy and to drive the business towards targets & operational KPIs achievement.
- As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate ability to link business decisions to financial impacts
The key attributes would Include:
- Controllership: You are a controller that ensures accurate, efficient and timely delivery of relevant reports, while ensuring hygiene of accounting, book-keeping, various systems and processes.
- Performance Officer: You help us to be on track with robust and timely performance tracking. You will ensure budgetary process improvements and achieve better predictability on outcomes – Value Manager: You also ensure & support value maximization initiatives (interest, Trade Finance, currency management, etc.)
- Co-Strategist: You are our strategist, you help in value-added decision support through superior data analytics and help us drive special projects to growth. Ensure and support value maximization initiatives (Interest, Trade Finance etc.)
Impact Areas for a Finance Controller:
- Business Financial Insights: Your in-depth knowledge on financial/management accounting principles will help us to accurately reflect the business performance. o Business/ Country Economics & Regulations o Financial Impact on Strategy Execution o Financial Planning & Analysis o Financial & Management Accounting
- Controls, Compliance & Assurance: Your ability to evaluate risks and determining their impact on the management audit, developing and/or modifying audit procedures as required. You ensure compliances to legal and secretarial requirements as well as functioning within the norms of statutory audit regulations respective to country/ business. o Internal Controls o Compliance Measures o Measure & Assurance
- Reporting & process efficiencies: The finance controller demonstrates conceptual ability to ideate and implement robust systems & processes suited to business/ country. You also display accuracy and efficiency in MIS reporting, budgeting.
- Capability Building: Build capability in finance function, growing finance leadership pipeline and ensuring effective knowledge & expertise transfer for effective execution of finance strategies o Personal Credibility & Thought Leadership o Building Functional Capability
- A qualified Chartered Accountant with 8 – 12 years of experience in finance
- You should possess strong team and analytical skills, strategic thinking & leadership abilities
- An enthusiasm to work in an unstructured environment will always add value
- Your ability to communicate effectively will be an enhancer for this role especially as part of a team
- You should be able to understand business issues outside of one’s area of expertise.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Olam is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Applicants are requested to complete all required steps in the application process including providing a resume/CV in order to be considered for open roles.