General Manager, Human Resources at Olam International Limited
Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager, Human Resources
Function: Human Resources
- The HR Head will lead and manage the entire gamut of HR for the AFP business in Olam Agri Nigeria.
- The business consists of sales and commercial teams, procurement, supply chain teams, and 2 manufacturing sites in Kaduna and in Ilorin, apart from the Day Old Chick (DOC) business which is also based out of Kaduna.
- The incumbent has to have a strong focus on providing HR leadership, running HR processes seamlessly, building mechanisms to drive performance management, build employee engagement, coaching and development of employees, maintaining harmonious IR and compliance. The role requires building a strong relationship with multiple stakeholders.
- Graduates / Postgraduates from a reputed institute with at least 15 years of relevant work experience in HR leadership roles. Professional Qualification in HR would be desirable.
- 10+ years’ experience managing a teams complimented with effective team management experience.
- Partner with the leadership to understand business environment and work priorities to develop and execute innovative solutions.
- Strong knowledge of managing Human Resources in manufacturing setup with experience in industrial relations, compliance and labor laws.
- Proven HR experience with a demonstrated track record and good knowledge of employment laws and employment regulatory practices.
- Develop strong labour policies, manage employee engagement, and devise effective HR personnel policies for factory operations.
- Successfully develop strong employee relations and manage dispute resolutions involving unions.
- Exposure to employee engagement surveys and various actions taken to build an engaged workforce.
- Drive learning and oversee the L&D programs across the business in partnership with the L&D COE.
- Review and oversee the talent acquisition requirement across the business in partnership with the Talent Acquisition COE.
- The roles require travel to manufacturing sites and other upcountry locations for around 15 days in a month.
- Ability to build strategic partnerships. Build relationships internally and externally. Collaborates across the organization to maximize outcomes.
- Able to communicate at all levels. Seen as a champion of the business goals and employee development.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Olam is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Applicants are requested to complete all required steps in the application process including providing a resume/CV in order to be considered for open roles.
To get new opportunities updates, kindly join our Telegram group and Whatsapp group