The BOI-LBS Entrepreneurship Development Programme 2023 for young Nigerians.
LAGOS BUSINESS SCHOOL (LBS) IN COLLABORATION WITH THE BANK OF INDUSTRY (BOI) ESTABLISHED THE BUSINESS INNOVATION ACCELERATOR (BIA)
The EIC has been renamed to Business Innovation Accelerator (BIA) with the aim of providing high-quality entrepreneurship training and empowerment to young Nigerians across the six geopolitical zones of the country. Unemployment has reached unacceptable levels for the Nigerian economy to remain safe. Over the years youth unemployment has been rising and this has led to rising insecurity, social vices, slow economic growth, inflation and other attendant hardships.
The BOI-LBS Business Innovation Accelerator is therefore intended to boost job creation, significantly improve SME business success and reduce loan default rates due to business failure. The Centre will also provide an ecosystem to support and enhance the technical, managerial, financial, and leadership skills of entrepreneurs across Nigeria.
The BOI-LBS Business Innovation Accelerator has been set up to develop impact-driven entrepreneurs who use for-profit business models to solve problems and transform society positively. The programme aims to produce a new breed of innovative and problem-solving entrepreneurs who will transform society and revamp the national economy through job-creation and the commercialization of their solutions globally.
The target audience include for-profit entrepreneurs whose businesses are solving problems or transforming society positively. They may include NYSC members, university/polytechnic graduates, prospective BOI customers (minimum qualification: SSCE)
Eligibility and Selection Criteria for participants
The following key criteria will be used in evaluating potential participants:
– Be at least 18 years of age. Having entrepreneurial experience will be an advantage. Could be a start-up or may have been established for some years already. Most importantly, the business should be solving a problem or meeting a need and should be scalable.
– Be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
– Be available to commit to the training schedule
– Special focus shall be given to youth and women.
– Two letters of recommendation
• Fill form online (upload certificates and two letters of recommendation)
• Interview process
• Admission letters will be sent to successful candidates
Classes on Entrepreneurship orientation and Business Management, will hold 3 days a week for 3 months as follows:
Tue, Wed, and Thu, every week
• Session 1: 10.00am – 11.15 am
• Break: 11.15am – 11.45 am
• Session 2: 11.45am – 1.00 pm
• Lunch break: 1.00pm – 2.00 pm
• Session 3: 2.00pm – 3.15 pm
To be considered eligible to receive a certificate, you will be required to:
• Attend at least 80% of the sessions in each course and score at least 60% in each of course.
• Considered to be of good character as defined in the training policy to be signed upon acceptance.
Application Deadline: March 30, 2023
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the BOI-LBS Entrepreneurship Development Programme 2023
To get new opportunities updates, kindly join our Telegram group and Whatsapp group