Enumerator at International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at the highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated healthcare systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for suitable candidates to fill the position of
Enumerator to be based in Monguno/Mafa Nganzai, Dikwa, Maiduguri, Kaga and Kala-Balge.
Number Needed: Thirty (30) in each location
Position: Nigerian nationals only
Job Summary: To conduct a household census in IDP camps or Host communities.
Description of Task
The Selected candidates will work as a core team to conduct beneficiary profiling exercise which is aimed at updating and refining the list of households and beneficiaries in IDP camps and host community locations through a verification process to account for the births and deaths of beneficiary household members, to eliminate non-valid SCOPE card records and individuals who may have left the camps or host communities. The Targeting Enumerators will technically be supervised and supported by the Targeting Officer
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualifications and Experience:
- National Diploma or Equivalent.
- Fluency in speaking and understanding English, Hausa, and Kanuri.
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Literate and able to fill in the data tool.
- Willing and motivated to take on the role and have no plans to travel outside of their community soon.
- Willing to work as a volunteer with a strong desire to serve their communities and neighborhood.
- Extremely flexible and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 24th March 2023.
Method of Application
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps via the email: email@example.com Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the Subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.