Targeting Officer at International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at the highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated healthcare systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for suitable candidates to fill the position of
Targeting Officer to be based in Maiduguri.
Number Needed: Two (2)
Position: Nigerian nationals only
The Selected candidates will work as core team to conduct beneficiary profiling exercise which is aimed at updating and refining the list of households and beneficiaries in IDP camps and host community locations through a verification process to account for the births and deaths of beneficiary household members, to eliminate non-valid SCOPE card records and individuals who may have left the camps or host communities. The Targeting Officer will technically be supervised and supported by the Programme Manager.
Description of Task
- Classify households according to their level of vulnerability and ensure that food assistance is targeted to households based on their vulnerability.
- Involved in Community-based preliminary registration with possible household “door to door. In the case of urban area.
- Establish community registration or targeting committee and ensure are good representatives for the community
- Establish a Community registration/targeting committee to based on the village context and establish valid and also establish (primary, secondary and exclusion criteria).
- Ensure all the processes are duly recorded and publicly announced to all households within the community
- Training of community targeting committee on how to use targeting criteria.
- Provide the registration format/forms to establish the draft registration master list
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Security or Agriculture, Social Science, Economics, Social Works related discipline and at least two years of professional experience in food and cash assistance interventions. Experience in northeast Nigeria is an added advantage
- Fluency in speaking and understanding English, Kanuri and Hausa,
- Experience in community mobilization and sensitization
- Experience in food, cash and NFI distribution
- Good computer skills especially Word and Excel, access. knowledge of other databases preferred.
- Good human relations and diplomacy,
- Possess a high analytical capacity.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Fluent in English, Hausa and Kanuri.
- Capacity to work under stressful situations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and capacity to coordinate work across multiple departments.
- Experience living in remote or isolated workstations, or insecure locations.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 24th March 2023.
Method of Application
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the Subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.