African Union Internship Program 2023 for young Africans.
The AU internship program is a full-time engagement through which qualified individuals from diverse academic backgrounds are given the opportunity to gain professional exposure within the AU. As an organization which promotes respect for diversity and teamwork, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Applicants should have a keen interest in the work of the AU and demonstrate the ability to interact with individuals from various cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
The program aims to expose participants to the workings of the AU at an early stage of their professional career and strengthen their personal and professional skills. It provides an avenue for participants to gain hands-on experience in various applicable fields, while learning in an intercultural environment. The AU will further gain support from participants who possess adequate knowledge and skills in relevant areas and serve as a potential grooming ground for future African Leaders.
• Actively enrolled in at least the final year of a Bachelor’s degree program OR
• Must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or an advanced/ post graduate (Masters) qualification in a related academic field;
• Be nationals of a Member State of the African Union.
• Be full time students currently enrolled in the final year of their Bachelors or graduate school program.
• Be fluent in at least one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French or Portuguese).
• Be no more than thirty-two (32) years of age at the time of selection.
• Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity.
• Have not been convicted of any serious criminal offence excluding minor traffic offences.
• Prior work experience is not required for the internship positions.
Terms and Conditions
• The AU will have no financial obligation towards interns – travel arrangements and cost of accommodation and living expenses will be the responsibility of the interns.
• AU will use reasonable efforts to assist the interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
• Interns will not be entitled to any compensation for travel.
• The internship will be authorized only once for three (3) month renewable one time for any candidate
• Interns are not entitled to medical travel or medical evacuation to and from the internship location at the expenses of the Commission. Interns shall therefore have an individual insurance coverage throughout the duration of the internship.
• Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Power Point)
• Proficiency with e-mail and internet applications,
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
• Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish, Kiswahili) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Ability to write clearly and concisely
• Be committed to work
• Ability to work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment
• Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity
Application for admission to the AU Internship Program are submitted online.
If you are a first-time user of our online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in. You are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
Applicants must submit the following supporting documents with their online application:
• A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
• A copy of valid passport or national identity card
• Certified copies of relevant academic certificates
• Current curriculum vitae (CV)
• Recommendation letter for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending
• Upon successful submission of their application, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successfully received.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
For More Information: