Facilities / Resourcing Manager at the British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilities / Resourcing Manager
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Type:8 months fixed term contract
Pay Band: Pay band 6
- To provide accurate and timely administrative and operational support to the project and the Nigeria Facilities Functions in the area of procurement, master data management, contracts database management, supplier management process and effective and efficient planning, management, delivery and evaluation of facilities, estate.
This post will have the following core functions:
- Taking prioritised and planned approach to deployment of the Facilities activities ensuring the premises and facilities are in full working order at all times and meet the aspirations of the Country Plan.
- Taking a planned approach to ensure that maintenance services are predominantly PPM-based and proactive, with reactive maintenance being an exceptional service.
Asset and Fleet Management:
- Ensuring acquisition of capital assets is planned and that assets are set up, capitalised and disposed of correctly.
- Ensure inventories are kept up-to-date, storage is appropriately secure, and disposal is managed according to policy.
- Manages fuel supplies, and vehicles to ensure efficient consumption and minimise risk of fuel loss through fraud.
- Ensuring procurement exercises undertaken for the function and on behalf of the wider office meet policy, standards and compliance needs in full, liasing closely with the procurement function.
- Managing vendor performance to clear, agreed SLA requirements, with follow-up evaluation meetings set in line with the nature of the service and/or contract.
- Managing assigned budgets in line with expectations.
- Plans, profiles, reforecasts and commentaries will be written and delivered to timeline, and budgets managed to target.
- Planning will take into account best value-for-money ‘intelligent spend’ principles.
- Manage all administrative processes required for provision of hotel accommodations and flight tickets for programme staff and consultants.
- Facilitate all clearances necessary to ensure effective entry, presence and exit of International staff and consultants.
- Provide Facilities and administrative – related support to the wider teams to ensure events are adequately supported and present the British Council in line with Project Plan aspirations.
Role specific knowledge and experience
- First Degree in relevant field with a minimum of five years relevant experience
- Member of the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors & Valuers, International Facility Management Association (IFMA) or The Institute of Workplace Management (IWFM)
- Office management and maintenance experience.
- Administrative and Logistics skills with demonstrable attention to details.
- Asset and fleet management experience
- Experience working within Facilities Management Framework.
- Inventory management experience
- Budget Management experience.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills.
N10,989,828.00 gross per annum.
Application Deadline: 27th June, 2023 (23:59 West African Time).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.