Visa Africa Accelerator Program 2023 for Fintech Startups.
Unlock your startup’s potential and fast-track your success in the dynamic world of fintech with the Visa Accelerator program. This groundbreaking initiative connects Africa’s brightest minds with experienced mentors, cutting-edge technology, and unparalleled investment opportunities.
Are you ready to disrupt the industry, revolutionize finance, and make an impact in the ecosystem? Join this exciting 3-months journey to propel your startup towards unprecedented growth and recognition. It’s time to unleash your entrepreneurial spirit and forge a path to success in the vibrant fintech landscape.
If your team has already designed a minimum viable product related to the proposed areas designed a minimum viable product related to the proposed challenges or has a market-ready solution, you are the right fit for the program
Seed to Series A startups with at least an MVP
Building a solution addressing one of our themes
Market tested solution that has gained traction
Existing operations in Africa or demonstrated commitment to expand in Africa
- Unlocking new payment flows
- Embedded Finance
- Empowering merchants and SMEs
- Payment Infrastructure Enablers
- The Future of finance
- Sustainable and Inclusive Finance
Knowledge and Expertise
Gain a competitive edge with a tailored program covering product design, marketing, finance, sales and more. Receive experts’ guidance and strategic insights to accelerate your startup’s growth and unlock its full potential.
Gain access to 1:1 mentoring from experts and founders in the ecosystem from Africa and beyond. Learn from the experience of others to solve your challenges.
Visa Specific Training
Benefit from exclusive Fintech and payment training modules designed by Visa. Enhance your understanding of the fintech landscape, payment ecosystem, and industry best practices. Startups will also get the chance to access Visa’s developer portal and experiment with Visa products and services.
Secure the funding you need to bring your innovative ideas to life. Showcase your startup during the Demo Day and you could be considered for an investment opportunity by Visa, Plug and Play, and our wider Venture Capital community.
Forge powerful partnerships that can drive your startup forward. The program aims to open doors to valuable collaboration opportunities with industry leaders, innovative companies, and strategic partners.
Gain access to a wide selection of product perks and discounts from over 100 vendors for a combined offer value over $200,000. Offers include credits from Google Cloud, HubSpot.
- The program will be delivered in a hybrid format and will last for 3-months in total.
- It will include an onboarding week, 10 virtual focus weeks, an investor week and an in-person Demo Day. Other in-person events maybe be organized during the duration of the program such as city meetups or other country or regional events.
- All applicants will undergo two rounds of screening by the program team.
- In the first round, each application will be reviewed for program alignment, existing traction, founding team, and proposed synergies with Visa.
- Shortlisted startups will be invited to participate in a series of virtual interviews, and finalists will be notified ahead of the program kickoff.
Application Deadline: August 25, 2023
For More Information: