MSCHOOLS LABS: CALL FOR SOLUTIONS FOR STARTUPS FOSTERING DIGITAL IMPROVEMENT AND TRANSFORMATION OF EDUCATION (€25,000 IN FUNDING)
In recent years, society has changed profoundly and rapidly, and this has not necessarily shown in the practices and content of educational institutions.
In 2022, with 13.9%, Spain topped the early school dropout rates in the European Union, which went hand in hand with poor academic performance. Experts partly attribute this failure to the Spanish education system’s absence of flexibility and excessive rigidity. Within schools, learning paths tend to be uniform to comply with a single curriculum for all and do not respond to diverse and personal contexts, interests or objectives.
Educational success and learning are correlated, among other factors, with motivation. Motivation increases if learnings are meaningful and provide personal value to the learner, contributing to their self-knowledge, a better understanding of their reality and the active construction of a future with scenarios that involve them and enhance their capabilities.
Personalised learning approaches are a recurring topic in any discourse aimed at promoting innovation and educational quality in the new global context and are key to the path towards quality education.
- How can technology contribute to motivation, personalised learning approaches, and academic success?
- The call seeks to identify innovative digital solutions at national and international levels that contribute to motivation, improvement of personalised learning approaches and academic success through the transformative, healthy and safe use of technology in the classroom.
- The winning initiatives will be adapted and piloted in public and charter schools in Catalonia, specifically in the 3rd and 4th years of Compulsory Secondary Education.
- The solutions must have a technological development equal to or higher than Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 5, and the pilot’s implementation must be technically and economically feasible within 6-9 months during the 2024/2025 school year.
Focus of solutions
1. Students motivation
2. Improvement of personalised learning approaches
3. Lifelong learning
4. Academic success and reduction of school dropout rates
- Piloting: Pilot your solution in a real educational context to validate your proposal and its impact.
- Funding: €25,000 for each of the two winning solutions to be piloted in educational centres.
- Visibility: Get high visibility of the pilot’s implementation in various events.
How to Participate
- You can participate in the call for proposals through the following online form. Submit proposals in English, Spanish or Catalan.
- Participation in the call for proposals is free and open to any legal organisation, without restrictions based on size or geographical scope.
Application Deadline: February 6, 2024
For More Information: