UI / UX Designer at the United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: UI / UX Designer
Host Entity: Noble Missions for Change Initiative
Duration: 2 weeks
Number of Assignments: 1
Sustainable Development Goal: No Poverty
For how many hours per week will the volunteer be required?: 6 – 10
Mission and Objectives
- Noble Missions is a tech non-profit social enterprise based in Nigeria with support from volunteers all over the world. We deploy technology to realize the UN sustainable development goals (SDGs).
- Our vision is to see a world where technology is available and accessible to all citizens to foster sustainable development and reduce hunger. And our mission is using digital tools to advance education in Africa.
- The initial design was done by a developer so we could launch quickly. And now that we have launched, we need an experienced UX design volunteer to redesign the simple static page.
- The web platform is a citizen engagement platform where organizations run civic campaigns and mobilize citizens for support.
- We need a volunteer to help re-design one of the pages on our web platform. The page is static and informational.
- All communications will be done in English and via Slack or email. And all information and necessary resources required will be provided by the organization.
- Experienced UX designer
- Figma or Adobe XD familiarity.
- English, Level: Working knowledge, Required.
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics.
- As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.