Graduate Intern (Wells) at ExxonMobil Corporation
Exxon Mobil Corporation is one of the world’s largest publicly traded companies, an industry leader in the petroleum and petrochemical business and operates in virtually every region of the world. Mobil Producing Nigeria and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria are affiliates of ExxonMobil Corporation, and have operated in Nigeria for over 60 years and form one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by pride in what we do and what we stand for. The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Intern – Wells
Job Segment: Sustainability, Technical Support, Engineer, Electrical, Energy, Technology, Engineering.
What role you will play in our team:
- The successful candidate will undergo on-the-job training in various engineering skill areas to prepare him/her for assignments in any designated engineering aspect of oil and gas production anywhere in Nigeria.
What you will do
- Support the application of the best available economical technology in drilling, completions, and workover operations.
- Acquire knowledge to preparing well cost estimates, equipment selection and application, program execution surveillance, improvement of daily progress and follow-up assessments.
- Understand and develop ability to prepare a complete drilling or completions or workover program. Work closely with primary engineer and cross-functional teams to assure the program is based on all available geological and reservoir information from offset wells in the area (if any).
- Support monitoring of drilling, completion, or workover operations according to safety and quality control standards, environmental regulations, corporate policy, and contract terms.
- Obtain rig site technical support experience and support Wells Operations Supervisors during procedure execution activities including but not limited to critical well construction and intervention operations, well control situations or abnormal pressure detection.
- Develop skillset to analyse execution performance at intermediate depths and upon completion of the well. Work with Operations personnel and third-party service partners to implement changes in procedures and equipment based on results of analyses.
- Preparing final well reports with strong emphasis on lessons learned.
The ideal candidate must possess the following requirements:
- Strong analytical skills with ability to source, analyse and interpret benchmark data.
- Self-motivated with the ability to make effective individual contributions within a functional team
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
- The preference is for engineers with a minimum of bachelor’s degree in chemical, mechanical, civil, petroleum, electrical/electronics, industrial & production, subsea, materials & metallurgical engineering.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division (2.1) in any of the Engineering disciplines listed above.
- Maximum five (5) years post latest degree and maximum two (2) years post NYSC.
- Maximum of two (2) years of post graduation from university.
- Excellent computer skills – familiarity with relevant drilling and completion engineering software and applications is an added advantage.
- Ability to work within a team with good interpersonal skills and to thrive in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment.
- Support creativity and possess good coordination skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Uncompromising integrity.
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
- Readiness to work in our various work locations.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online