Legal Officer (Trainee) at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) – The Incorporated Trustees of Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (hereinafter referred to as “Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)”) a local not-for-profit, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). One of WEWE’s core ideologies is to be the most financially clean and compliant local NGO in Nigeria and Africa. We want to prove to the world that not all Nigerian NGOs are corrupt, and we want to be an example (An Ambassador) of a credible NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer (Trainee)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- S/he will provide in-house legal advisory services; compliance and risk mitigation support services through the assessment and development of effective corporate/legal structure.
S/he will serve as a Liaison between WEWE Management and the WEWE Board of Trustees.
- S/he will be responsible for all communications and correspondences between WEWE and the Board of Trustees as well as carry out such tasks as may be assigned by the WEWE Board of Trustees.
- S/he will manage WEWE’s Litigation Portfolio and liaise with external solicitors to defend the interests of WEWE.
- S/he will provide legal advisory services to WEWE Management and develop legal strategies to defend the interests of WEWE.
- S/he will conduct legal risk analyses and evaluations of WEWE activities, documentation, and commitments and suggest risk mitigation strategies.
- S/he will be accountable for taking day-to-day legal responsibilities and providing legal advice that includes all the aspects of the analysis, investigation, and drafting process.
- S/he will be engaged in helping to analyze and collect evidence and schedule staff hearings.
- S/he will conduct legal analysis and research on any legal matters of the organization.
- S/he will provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda, and other related documents.
- S/he will be actively involved in preparing and drafting different acts and legal submissions and drafting authoritative legal opinions as well.
- S/he will conduct legal research by utilizing various resources and selecting the relevant material to analyze the legal information.
- S/he will assist in reviewing the legal material and any other relevant documents and to identify the most important issues that need to be sorted out on a priority basis
- S/he will be responsible for providing high-quality advice to the organization or the client on major legal issues and problems.
- S/he will provide much-needed legal assistance while dealing with some particular legal tasks, litigations, contracts, and dispute resolution and guide the organization in taking an appropriate decision.
- S/he will advise whether all the proceedings of the organization are in compliance with the requirements of the legislation.
- S/he will supervise, analyzes, and researches the implication of laws, legislation, etc., that may affect the organization.
- S/he will advise the organization so that there is minimum legal exposure and liability.
- S/he must maintain confidentiality.
- S/he will perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Interested candidates should possess a BL / LLB / JD with a minimum of 2 years work experience.
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online