Program Officers at the American University of Nigeria (AUN) – 2 Openings
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Locations: Mubi and Adamawa – Yola
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Report to (Supervisor): Conflict Management Specialist
Supervises:Youth Engagement Assistants
Slot: 2 Positions
- The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for Program Officers. This position is a local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- Program Officer will monitor and report on all project activities in support of the project. H/she will also provide assistance to the targeted beneficiaries.
- Support implementation of the programs within the scope of the project.
- Involve in community mobilization, targeting, and tracking target beneficiaries.
- Conduct regular field visits to beneficiary communities and update project activities in the field.
- Attend stakeholders meetings with partners and stakeholders in the field.
- Support in periodic monitoring and observation of project communities and timely report any foreseen conflict at an early stage.
- Any other duties may be assigned by the Project Director.
- Degree in Conflict Resolution, Project Management, or other related fields.
- At least a minimum of 2 years of experience in conflict-focused projects.
- Good level of computer literacy (primarily in Microsoft Office packages).
- Fluent in local languages and English.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their resumes, cover letters, and references on a single file in a word document or PDF format to: email@example.com using the position being applied for as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng.